SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - OpenGL / C++
PRENAV is digitizing the world’s critical infrastructure through robotics, laser scanning, and AI. The company’s first product captures photorealistic 3D models of industrial structures with automated drones, and analyzes the imagery with machine learning. In our short history, we’ve taken our technology to large industrial sites, inspected cell phone towers and wind turbines, trained for inspections inside a nuclear power plant, and traveled around the world for our customers. And we’re only just getting started.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer (OpenGL / 3D Graphics) to build core systems and tools for our 3D measurement and analysis software. In this role, you’ll collaborate with a cross-functional robotics team to create software that harvests images, computes at scale, and helps customers interact with dense 3D datasets. This is a generalist role that involves working with a variety of platforms and languages across different software environments. Your work will both make robots fly, and will turn data into actionable information for our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, computer graphics, or 3D video game development
- 6+ Years of industry experience developing computer games, visual effects software, or other sophisticated graphics applications
- Advanced understanding of computer graphics and applied linear algebra
- Strong understanding of programmable shading and GPU computing
- Ability to develop a 3D game engine
- Significant programming experience in several of the following: C++, Python, OpenGL, glsl, CUDA, WebGL
- Spent several years at a game studio or AR/VR startup developing graphics editing software, game engines, image processing software, shaders, rendering, lighting, and other challenging computer graphics problems
- Create graphical representations and visualizations of real world environments involving navigation, mapping, image processing and 3D reconstruction
- Build controls for 3D user interfaces using programmable shader pipelines
- Implement UI tools to make it simple for customers to interact with their 3D assets (browse, zoom, measure, annotate, export, etc.)
- Develop algorithms for point cloud processing and voxel manipulation
- Process large datasets with GPUs
- Develop simulation environments
- Leverage industry and academic trends in computer graphics and visualization
What We Can Offer:
- At PRENAV, we’ve assembled one of the top robotics teams in the world. You’ll study the latest academic research to solve challenging problems in aerial robotics, computer vision, 3D imaging, and systems engineering.
- We have a collaborative and flexible work environment where everyone’s ideas are welcome and necessary to build our product.
- Full medical, dental and vision
PRENAV is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To apply, please send us an email at jobs [at] prenav.com with your resume attached. Thanks!