SENIOR BACK-END ENGINEER, CLOUD SERVICES
PRENAV is digitizing and inspecting the world’s critical infrastructure through robotics and computer vision. The company’s first product is an automated drone system that captures photoreal “digital twins” of industrial structures (dams, bridges, power plants, etc.), which are then analyzed with ML/AI to find cracks, corrosion and other defects. In our short history, we’ve taken our technology to large industrial sites, inspected cell phone towers and wind turbines, trained for inspections inside a nuclear power plant, and traveled around the world for our customers. And we’re only just getting started.
We are seeking a Senior Back-end Engineer, Cloud Services to build core systems and tools for our hardware and software platform. In this role, you’ll collaborate with a cross-functional robotics team to create software that harvests images, computes at scale, and helps customers interact with dense 3D datasets. This is a generalist role that involves working with a variety of systems and languages across different software environments with a focus on cloud services. Your work will both make robots fly, and will turn data into actionable information for our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 10+ years of industry experience as a software engineer or systems administrator.
- Significant programming experience with C++, Python, SQL, Bash
- Significant production experience with one or more of the main cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Expert linux administrator
- Knowledge of queuing systems and methods for large scale data processing
- A security mindset
- Excellent architecture and software development skills with proven experience in building commercial end user facing applications
- Familiarity with Google Cloud and/or production sharded databases is a big plus
- Interest in robotics and maintaining a fleet of autonomous systems in the real world
- Develop and maintain the image processing system for PRENAV. This includes cloud deployments, administration of processing jobs, maintaining back-end cloud storage, and database administration
- Gather requirements, define interfaces, and implement and maintain APIs for our cloud processing environment
- Help develop remote monitoring, logging, and over-the-air update capabilities for hardware systems deployed around the world
- Process large datasets with GPUs
- Design, develop, and test systems using C++ for execution on a variety of hardware targets
- Profile and optimize existing code and systems
- Research problems discovered by QA and develop solutions
- Demonstrate best practices for building shareable and scalable software components
What We Can Offer:
- At PRENAV, we’ve assembled one of the top robotics teams in the world, solving challenging problems in aerial robotics, computer vision, 3D imaging, and systems engineering.
- We have a collaborative and flexible work environment where everyone’s ideas are welcome and necessary to build our product.
- Our quirky work space is a converted warehouse in downtown Redwood City that includes a machine shop, a rock climbing wall and a fireplace
- We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, and pay 100% of the premium for our employees
- We promote a family-friendly team environment with flexible work hours
- PRENAV offers a 401k for employees
- Lunch is provided every day
PRENAV is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class. We support and work hard to increase the diversity of our team and encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
To apply, please send us an email at jobs [at] prenav.com with your resume attached. Thanks!